Today is my Mum's 50th birthday and instead of a cake, she received a wonderful Tartiflette from a friend. Being a big cheese lover, she was in her element. However, she wasn't so keen on the big '50' candle that went with it...
Creamy Cheese & Potato Tartiflette (Thank you Sonia for the recipe)
- 750g potatoes
- 250g Roblochon, Camembert on any soft cheese you like.
- 150ml tub of creme fraiche
- 1 onion
- 1 tub of lardons or 6 bacon rashers, chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- A splash of wine (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices. Boil in salted water until tender (around 10 minutes) Then drain.
- Dice the onion and fry with the lardons in olive oil and a splash of wine, until the onions soften and the lardons show a bit of colour.
- Chop the cheese into chunks or slices (including the rind.)
- In an ovenproof dish, begin by layering half the potatoes and scatter over half of the lardons and onions. Layer half of the cheese on top and season with salt and pepper. Repeat again for the next layer and then pour over the creme fraiche.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden on top.
This is lovely served with some fresh french bread and salad. Delicious! Pin It Now!