Here is another of my favourite dinners, that's simple, quick and easy. It's quite filling on it's own but is also great served with boiled new potatoes, I love mopping up the leftover cream with the potatoes! The leeks add a nice texture and almost onion-y flavour. The nutmeg in the cream adds a little sweetness and spice to give an overall wonderful flavour to this dish.
Chicken & Leeks
- 3-4 Chicken breasts, diced
- 6 leeks, peeled and sliced into discs
- 2 egg yolks
- 8oz / 1 cup double cream
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Butter for frying
- In a bowl, add the cream and lemon juice together to sour and leave to one side.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and add the chicken. Cook thoroughly then remove chicken with slotted spoon leaving the juices in the pan.
- Now add the leeks and more butter if needed. Cook for about 5 minutes, until squeaky.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the leeks and leave on a low heat.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks then add the cream and lemon juice from earlier. Mix together well and add the nutmeg. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the chicken and leeks in the pan and cook on a low heat for 3 minutes until heated through completely. Then serve!
Pin It Now!