Dairy-free Pumpkin & Orange Ice Cream
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
*Requires Ice Cream Maker
- 200g / ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 350ml / 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 250ml / 1 cup coconut cream
- Zest of 1 orange (+ a tablespoon of the juice)
- 5 egg yolks (large) *
- 60g / ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice (or pumpkin spice mix)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*You can freeze the leftover egg whites to use the next time a recipe calls for egg whites only
- In a saucepan, mix the milk, cream, sugar, spices, vanilla and the orange zest plus 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice. Heat until it begins to bubble slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks and add to the pan, keep on a low heat. Stir well and make sure all the ingredients are combined.
- Once mixed well, let it cool for a few hours or preferably over night.
- When the mixture has cooled, whisk in the pumpkin. Then pour the ice cream mix through a sieve to create a smooth liquid. It's now ready to add to the ice cream maker.
- Follow your ice cream maker's instructions.
- When it's ready it should be very thick and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
Pin It Now!